Monday, November 14, 2011

Coriander and Mint chutney

Am not so crazy about the time change . I just feel we have hardly any daylight. Well not the best thing when you get your creative juices going at 4 pm on a cloudy evening with hardly any day light.  It has been on my mind forever to start using my camera the way it should be used  - to understand light better and to use it to my advantage. I started reading - Plate to Pixel - digital food photography and styling by Helene Dujardin. Love the way she explains every aspect of capturing the food and sharing it thru photography. You must visit her blog- its spectacular. 

After I spent a few hours reading , my hands were itching to try something new with my camera. It was 4pm on a cloudy day with hardly any day light, I had made some coriander mint chutney that afternoon, I got out my camera and started using different combinations of settings. I was really happy with the outcome and am glad to use the pixs. Am looking fwd to more learning and rediscovering my camera.  Any photography tips and advise are welcome. 




You will need
a big bunch of coriander leaves
a small bunch of mint leaves (optional)
small tomato (optional)
2-3 tsp lime juice or  2 tbsp of tamarind paste
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 tbsp sugar or jaggery
7-8 green chillies
1-2 garlic pod 
1-2 tsp dried cranberries (optional)
1/4 th inch grated ginger (optional)
salt per taste

Add all the ingredients in the blender add some water ( not much - you don't want the chutney to be watery consistency) blend till it is nice and smooth...almost creamy. Use it with parathas or sandwich or in bhel puri, sev puri and dahi vada.

This is a very multi- purpose chutney - adds the oomph in a meal !! One of my favorite use is with grilled cheese sandwich.....add a slice of cheese and a tbsp of chutney between two slices of bread and grill....it is a simple and divine snack - add some chips and a glass of mango lassi and you got a meal.  You can store this in your refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.

Print Friendly and PDF

20 comments:

  1. Yum...this version of coriander & mint chutney sounds divine! I think that I'll make it tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. no indian meal is complete without this. beautiful presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humm...Yummy my homemade samosas are waiting to be dipped in this chutney..looks delish..

    Muskaan

    ReplyDelete
  4. All time fav chutney and looks so yum n spicy ...nice pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow delicious chutney,lovely cliks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious..my favorite chutney..will try with cranberry and ginger when I make it next time..Got my "Plate to Pixel" books two weeks back and yet to complete first chapter :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aromatic and delicius chutney..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully clicked....Lovely chutney :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can I borrow some chutney to enjoy with my paranthas I made tonight?? Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. one of my fav chutneys.. looks yummm & spicy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fantastic flavors for a chutney...love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can imagine about 100 dishes that this would go well with. I need to get on this asap! Love the rich, vibrant color.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing pictures, delicious chutney! Visual and virtual treat dear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this chutney recipe. different from my verion. will make it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome..Thanks for posting this..First time here..I am your new follower..Do check my blog sometime..

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love fresh coriander, luckily here I have a market where I can find it. You have great recipes, I'm following you immediately. Hello from Rome, Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful clicks and delicious chutney..nice post..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photographs are beautiful. All these days, I was using only point and shoot camera. Couple of weeks back I brought Nikin D5100. I am struggling to use my new camera. I am also reading the same book(plate to pixil) right now. Or I should say that I have been trying to read (didn't get a chance to pass more than 10 pages). I would like to learn more about your points on photography. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to browse. I appreciate all your comments, feedback and input. Hope you enjoy your stay :))

hugs!
simi

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS